Thursday, August 7, 2014

Frida Khalo inspired......for Art Journal Journey monthly

"My Painting Carries With it The Message Of Pain"
- Frida Khalo

 This months journey is inspired by the famous artist Frida Khalo, and my amazing sister.  Frida Khalo suffered lifelong health problems and often used these feelings in her self portraits.
My Image-

Is inspired by her style.  A year ago my twin sister suffered a massive stroke at the age of 43.  This event has shaken our whole family to its core.  This blog has been a form of therapy for me.  When I make things I seem to go to another place....a much happier place.
Debbie suffers from aphasia, one of her after affects from her stroke.  She is a work in progress, I know one day she will be back to herself....I must believe in this.  
In my head I image the gears of her brain trying to put the letters back to where they are supposed to be so she can form her words.  I tried to convey this in my journal page.


Detail of shirt & Heart with journaling

Detail of face



I Painted lips under the butterfly, 
when she is speaking well I am going take the butterfly off!
Can't wait for that day!!


7 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful and very touching page. Sorry to hear about your sister, and hope she will soon be better! All the best for you both! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an absolute amazing artwork that expresses all this what you wrote about your sister! I so hope for you that she finds her words again...
    can feel with you!
    ♥♥♥
    Susi
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us at
    Art Journal journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journal page is beautiful and very powerful.
    Brightest of Blessings to your dear sister for a full recovery!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful page - your love for your sister really shines through :) May each day bring her closer to full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work and the layering is amazing. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful page and all the best for your sister.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete