Monday, February 13, 2017

Happy Valentines Day!

Not your ordinary Hearts!

Hearts with some hope!

Mixed media play....
I made a series...
I always seem to do that!
I used the technique for the background the
same way I did in this video...

I made this for Donna Downey Stencil Mania this past August..




I then got out some cardboard an began to cut..paint..play!


I also used stencils from Seth Apter  for the background..



I put light molding paste through the stencil...
let it dry and painted over it with teal and Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold,
a lot of adding and pulling back


I added some beads and gears...just playing,
Finally I coated them with a mixture of...
Fluid Matte Medium
&
Self Leveling Gel

To give it more texture and a Faux Encaustic look...










Thanks for stopping by....
would love to hear your comments!!



3 comments: