Thursday, July 7, 2016

Canvas RE-DO!!

Did you ever make something,
then think....Ugh!!!
What the....

Time to Re-do!!


so this actually started as that....



I know..it looks like a cheesy velvet painting!!
It had to go!!



so i painted over it....
used an inspiration wednesday technique for the background,
wiped away parts with a stencil..


big canvas so it took a while!




added molding paste with another stencil...
to add texture



you can still kinda see the background painting..
just adds to the layers...



time to regroup..
not think !
and paint!!




glaze the background 
let dry a little 
and wipe away...


 added a little more white to the background..
and done
Wow do I feel so much better!
That velvet painting had to go!!!!








it is now hanging over the fireplace....
until i decide to do something else!!

oh did i mention i started some smaller panels like this!!
come back for more!!

Thanks for stopping by!!



9 comments:

  1. Completely wonderful transformation!! Thanks for the inspiration so I might get brave and paint over a few of mine that aren't favorites

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out beautiful! I've been taking Donna Downey's Abstract Florals course, but haven't gotten brave enough, yet to do a multi-flower vase....I'm still in the single flowers. Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work!!!I love what you have created.

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Nora Clemens-Gallo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely result, Yes I know about hating a painting. I am trying to learn watercolors and i have the tendency to put on too much paint so I am doing a lot of washing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one...but I love the colours on the old one too...I do understand not wanting to look at some of the art that shows up...I have a lot of that too!
    Great revamp!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. You smashed it .. Love love love the outcome .. It looks fantastic on your wall ��

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really admire what you have done with the old painting, the new looks so much fresher and modern.
    Nice work with all the layers, it must have taken a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've all been there! Love what you did with it. It has so much more depth now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lot of great textures going on and the painting looks better with a lighter background :)

    PPF #49

    ReplyDelete