Friday, November 27, 2015

Finally in September!!

Finally into Septembers DLP's!!

I took a day to catch-up,
I don't feel to far behind on my desk is
October 17th...
know where to find Vellum!

I am determined to finish these!
Although my book is running out of pages!!

Here's September...


from here to there...



September  Theme
Journaling With Photos

Sept 5th  challenge

Art Challenge: Photo Transfer

Journal Prompt: From Here to There

For More info on the 
Documented Life Project
Visit the ladies 
At Art to The 5th
HERE

the challenge was to transfer a photo, I have done that before..
when i was looking at my images nothing really spoke to me,
so i decided to do a paint transfer, I've done this before with my classes
at school, i always like doing it.
Essentially you paint one side, carefully close the paper and the
paint transfers to the other side.  it was so colorful outside I chose to
do leaves as my theme.....
since they go here to there!!
heres how it went...

draw


carefully paint


press...
i cleaned it up with a baby wipe..
not loving liguitex gesso!!
its so gritty it made this difficult!!!






Intense sticks..





portfolio series oil pastel


white paint





words....
words are good!!





and done...


thanks for stopping by.....


7 comments:

  1. this turned out so beautifully Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you've used the leaf colours to show the transition from one season to another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your spread and I am keeping this on my computer and am going to try and copy what you did, one way or another!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always gorgeous art here!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise this is so pretty. Thank you for sharing the process. Have a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, thanks for explaining the process.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I honestly love this!! Thanks so much for sharing how you created it.

    ReplyDelete