Friday, May 29, 2015

DLP 19...catching up!

DLP 19

May 9th
Art Challenge: Stitching
Journal Prompt: "All That I'am After is a life full of Laughter"



I don't sew...
even though...
 I have taught hand stiching at school,
its not one of my favorite things to do,
I'am very impatient!

Armed with my new knowledge of inks..
of i went...

i used one of the tags i made,
created the heart from an ink mishap page!
the word stickers from a Tim Holtz sticker set,
and another sale item...that ribbon & twine!


i punched wholes in the side of the tag and sewed up the 
side with the twine, don't remember the name of the stitch!


next onto the background, i used distress ink pads,
warm on one side, cool colors on the other...


add tag....



so i'am at a point in the signature of the book where you can see
the stitching......does that count!!
add the prompt...


i also added some black and white stamped circles..
added some "stitches" to the outside..
some doodling with a black marker....
the key & stamp...






starting to like Distress Inks!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment